Thursday, February 4, 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Abbreviated

I love Brussels sprouts. They're definitely one of my favorite vegetables, and I'm always beyond excited when my favorite farmers' market vendor has them on the table. Sunday was just such a day and I loaded up.


I went for a run after work tonight. When I got back and started to look for snacks, nothing sounded good - until I thought of crispy Brussels sprouts. When I make them as a side dish, I usually add a little pancetta or bacon, onions, and dried fruit - usually raisins or currants, whichever I happen to have. Tonight, I was too hungry and too impatient, and went the simple, but delicious, route.


Roasted Brussels sprouts

20 Brussels sprouts
salt
pepper
olive oil

  1. Preheat the oven to 425, putting a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to heat up with the oven.

  2. Trim the bottoms of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half, removing outside leaves as necessary.

  3. Put the Brussels sprouts in a medium bowl and add 2T of olive oil, 2 t salt, and a pinch of pepper and stir to distribute the salt and pepper.

  4. Once the oven is preheated, spread the Brussels sprouts on the hot baking sheet. Be careful - they will sizzle and there may be steam.

  5. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender.

  6. Devour.




No comments:

Post a Comment