Saturday, March 13, 2010

Smoothies

Smoothies are wonderful weekend breakfasts. I suppose, technically, they'd be great weekday breakfasts, but I never think to make them unless I'm having a Lounge Around on the Couch Day. Since that makes me sound lazy, I'll also tell you that I really like these smoothies right after a run.

Usually, I use yogurt, but this time I happened to have some kefir in the fridge. Kefir is a yogurt-like beverage, and it made the smoothie a touch more tart, and that much more delicious.

The other reason I love this recipe is because I can use my immersion blender. I got it for Christmas and I love it so much that I look for recipes that require blending, just so I can use it.

Smoothies
1 serving
1/2 c plain kefir (or plain, unsweetened yogurt)
2 T peanut butter
3/4 c roughly chopped strawberries
1/4 c blueberries
milk, as needed

  1. Pull out your trusty blender and combine the kefir, peanut butter, strawberries, and blueberries. Add milk, if necessary, to thin the consistency a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment