Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Macaroon Fail

Yes. The lemon curd is wonderful. It's delicious. But it's not really meant to be eaten on its own. French macaroons seemed like the perfect foil for the lemon curd.

Ha!

I should have known something was up when I had to grind almonds then sift them. Have you ever ground almonds? They get all sticky and clog up the grinder. Then I sifted them with powdered sugar. It was less like sifting and more like mashing almond bits through the strainer. That poor strainer.

There was meringue and lemon zest and folding and piping...

Everything was going (somewhat) well.

Until.

Until the end. When I was supposed to take them out of the oven and they were supposed to be beautiful and macaroon-like. Did you see what French macaroons are supposed to look like? In stark contrast to that, I give you...The Macaroons of Fail:

So sad. So burnt on the bottom and sticky on the top.


We ate them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment