Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blue Baby

The binding is finally sewn on to the blue and brown baby quilt.
A quick trip through the laundry, and it will be on its way to a new home. This one was a lot of fun to make, and went really quickly. I love that it's bright and colorful and has very distinct happiness all its own.I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't following a pattern, so it really kept me thinking. There were a few missteps, because I pretty much never managed to include the seam allowance when I was measuring. (Oh, hello again, seam ripper!)

But the monkeys! Look at how cute they are! And the giraffes! They're seriously adorable. That didn't stop me from cursing a blue streak periodically, but think of it as that little extra bit of love that keeps it together.

No? Not buying it?

But look how cute!


I stitched a semi-cute little octopus in the corner. You can see it if you squint. And maybe tilt your head. It's in the brown triangle there. See it? Squint more.

No comments:

Post a Comment