Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Menu Series: Fall is Here

I make menus every week when I make my grocery list. It helps keep me focused and means I'm less likely to come home from the grocery story with cheese sticks and beer and call it good. It also means we seldom go to the grocery store more than once a week. That's a huge improvement from when we were going two or three times a week because we'd forgotten the baguette, or the pork chops, or the spinach.

I'm going to start tracking my menus here so that you can use them and so I can reference them on those days when I just can't think of any inventive meals. I'm also going to include my grocery list. If you choose to use the list, you might want to do some double checking against the recipes. If I have something in my pantry already, it probably won't make it onto the list.

As I make them, and if I post them, I'll come back and link to recipes.

The Menu:
  • Tuscan bean soup

  • Squash Risotto

  • Roasted Beet Salad with pork chops

  • Spaghetti and Meatballs

  • Rolled Eggplant

  • Scallops and Oranges


  • Grocery List:

  • mozzarella cheese

  • 4 oz pancetta

  • 1 can cannelini beans

  • spicy italian sausage

  • parsley

  • carrots

  • celery

  • chicken broth

  • pork chops

  • beets

  • 4 oz goat cheese

  • 1/2 c walnuts

  • spaghetti

  • 2-28 oz cans tomatoes

  • 1 1/2 lb asian eggplant

  • bulk sausage tomatoes

  • 1 naval orange

  • 1 blood orange

  • 1 lb scallops cilantro

  • 1/2 lb ground pork

  • 1/2 lb ground turkey

  • squash

  • risotto rice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment