Monday, October 4, 2010

Ding, Dong The Witch is Dead

Not that I'm celebrating overmuch, but I finished a quilt that has felt like an albatross around my neck for the last month. In May, I volunteered to make a quilt for a charity auction in October. In May, it seemed like I had plenty of time - more than enough time - so much time... Anyway, you get the picture. Things sound so easy when you're looking at them from five or six months out. Then October shows up and you realize that five or six months have become a week.
Not that I panicked or anything.
Ok. I panicked a little.
And then I sewed and sewed and sewed. And cursed the thread that kept knotting.


Usually I'm glad a quilt is done because I like it and I'm pleased when what I've made, that I created something.

This one, sadly, I have to say I was just glad to be done with it. Maybe that will teach me to be more efficient with my time and commitments.
Ha. Fat chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment