I went for a run tonight when I got home, and when I got back I got distracted by the dog.
This was the answer to my hunger.
Quick. Easy. Cheesy. Delicious.
Orzo with Three Onions
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
1/2 c onion, diced
2 medium leeks, chopped
1/4 c chopped chives
1 head broccoli, chopped into roughly equal pieces
1/2 c peas (I used frozen)
3/4 c orzo
1/4 t red pepper flakes
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 oz goat cheese
- Boil a 3 qt pot of water with 1/2 t salt. When the water boils, add the broccoli, orzo, and 1/2 t salt.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over medium high heat. Add the onions, leeks, and 1/2 t salt and saute for about five minutes until the onions and leeks are tender.
- Add the red pepper flakes and peas and stir, cooking until peas are warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Once the peas are warmed through, stir in the goat cheese and chives, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain the broccoli and orzo and combine with the onion mixture.
- Serve; sprinkle with Parmesan if you like.